Thursday, January 13, 2011

THE MISTERS

This is late! But blame my Business Statistics class for that! Lol

But I will try to keep a more regular schedule of postings in the future. This is designed to be therapeutic, and what happens when our therapists postpones our appointments? We jump of the bridge...we figuratively, in our case we may jump to the wrong love life conclusions, or jump in bed……

So here we go with these Misters

Mr. In My Mind

Mr. What IF

Mr. I Wonder

Mr. Right Now

Notice none of these are Mr. Right, that’s the most glaring resemblance between the four. Though there are other resemblances.

So here we go! Get ready; I’m on your block and maybe in your living room with this. Because no matter what state of relationship you are in marriage, divorced, recently single, committed, or casually seeing someone. We have all as WOMEN black, white, or other, dealt with one of these on this list... We may be dealing with them now (notice I hid my face when I said it because to be honest…….)


Mr. In My Mind:

This guy comes in two different forms. The first type is that he is the guy that we have envisioned in our mind... For example we say and think things like, I’m waiting on God to send my husband, but I know he’s 6’1 (because I don’t want short), he’s dark with some smooth chocolate skin, white teeth, low hair cut, he’s sweet he brings me roses every Friday. He’s soo smart. He knows the difference between a Hypothesis and a Hypothalamus. He’s soo good with money, he has a bank account with tens of thousands in it…he doesn’t have any debt! He’s so educated; he has his Master’s in Astro-Physics from Princeton. He always smells great! He can cook. He massages my back, HE CLEANS! He irons up all the clothes... HE CAN DRESS! He has such great style he picks out my clothes for me when he shops for me. He loves his family, he loves my family, he wants five kids (2 girls and 3 boys of course). HE LOOOVES GOODD, he’s soo saved! He knows every scripture in the Bible and lives and walks by it… Can I stop now, I’m making myself sick!

If you didn’t know, let me be the first to tell you… Girl if this aforementioned guy chances are if he’s not gay, he’s a player, and therefore…..just not that into you...

Truth is that we need to realize that it’s okay to be attracted to what we are attracted too. Though I’m not a skinny girl by any means, I don’t like a bigger guy… I don’t like skinny guys either because I’d break them, but someone with some meat on their bones can get it! Anyway, if I met a guy that I had some chemistry with and he had a few extra pounds why not give it a shot... Conversely if he has a size 28 waist I may have to try it... We as women get so focused on what we’ve put together in our mind as the perfect guy for us, we push away other opportunities… I’m not saying date a midget, but hell a 5’4 brother needs love too. And in the end the brother in your mind is probably a wife beater, where short brother is a lover…not a fighter.

For the second Mr. In My Mind…See What IF

Mr. What If...aaahhh a very common one.

Let me start with an example; I know a fine brother who is very educated. Nice smooth skin, intelligent, makes good money blah blah blah... I was his friend. I listened to his relationship problems. Like WTF is this woman doing? She has a man with all of these qualities and she’s treating him like this. Man. What IF he left her? What IF he saw what good a friend I am too him? What IF he saw me all dressed up would he be attracted to me? What IF she knew the things he told me, would she throw him out? Would WE be together then? I must be in his life to be his friend because he’s the one God wants to bless me with right?

Scenario’s started playing out “In My Mind” I know the sex would be good... I know he would take care of me in and out the bedroom. In my mind I took things he said and made them into steps towards him wanting something more than a relationship with me...

But Thank God he stepped in! Did that couple get divorced? Yes did he end up with me NO.? But in the divorce dealings did I find out some IIIISSSHHH about him that I didn’t know. HELL YEA! I had my mouth open, and when I think back on it, hell yeah he was in the wrong …Really wrong... Not with me... I didn’t make the cut on his list... Extensive list.

Okay, that’s a lot to digest, so how bout I come back Sunday with a Part two about the other Mr.’s

2 comments:

  1. My "Mr. What If" was actually Mr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde. Let me clarify - Jekyll was Mr. What If but most people knew him as Mr. Hyde. I'm glad I saw the light before I began to see Mr. Hyde in all of his foolishness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaah Mr. Jekyll and Hyde, that's a common one too. I had that one as well. I just had a year and a half long committed relationship with Mr. Jekyll, once a month or so Mr. Hyde will appear until he took over.. Then dude turned into Mr. WTF? WTF did I get myself into, Who The F is this guy, WTF would posses him to act this way, etc...

    ReplyDelete